Random little post right here. Ever since I went to Florida last year and experienced my first ever iced latte (late on the bandwagon here, I know.) I've been loving iced coffee. Up until now I've only experienced iced coffees in coffee shops or the pre-made ones you can buy in the supermarkets. After professing my love of iced coffee to Grant, he bought home some ingredients to make our own. I've since done research on iced latte recipes and it would seem you can make it in a ton of different ways (condensed milk, chocolate milk.. many extras) but the basic steps are still the same. So I thought I would share... just because.
1. Make an espresso shot. I used this carte noire instant espresso. One teaspoon and boiling water does the trick. If you like it strong, have a double espresso.
2. Pour into a glass of milk. Depending on how strong you want your iced coffee depends on how much milk you use. Less = strong. More = not so strong.
3. Add some syrup (if you want). Again, how much is up to you. I go for 3 teaspoons of vanilla or caramel.
4. Add some ice. This makes it cool again.
5. Add a straw and drink up!
Mix it up by trying out different milks.. almond, condensed, cream, etc.