It's that time again where I spend my mornings waiting for the postman to arrive hoping he'll bring me more news on the new house we're purchasing. We've had the mortgage offer released, and now we're waiting for the searches to be done. I've been told this takes an average of 10 days.. I think we're at day 5. I don't know whether our solicitors will send one at a time or wait until they have all of them - either way I'm desperate to hear news of our purchase moving forward. I'm a very anxious person about stuff like this, I can't relax until I know the house will be ours for sure. But I try to keep my hopes up, and believe that one day (hopefully soon) it will be ours.
So whilst we're here at Grants parents, at times I feel a little lost for things to do. All our stuff is packed away so other than my laptop, iPad and xbox with a few games, I'm at a total loss.. they even have a dishwasher so I don't even have to do pots in the evenings! I'm quite an active person and I hate sitting down for too long. I hate feeling like days have past and I haven't achieved anything productive. Hate. We've been here 16 days and I feel as though I've spent a great deal of it sat on my bum! We did help to clear out their shed for a few days and we have spent a few days out of the house with the dogs, but the last week has been bum-lazy for sure. So, whilst sat on my bum I have created a new house wish list. I've tried to not design rooms in-case things go sour and I have my heart broken, but some inspiration ideas and wishful items can mostly be transferred to any home. Plus it'll help me keep track of how much money we need to start saving!
So here's some of my top items to save for:
1. New Bed & Mattress (you may have noticed we don't have one....)
2. Sofa - I've had my eye on this sofa for about 3years now but I cannot justify that price!
3. Coffee Machine. - Because we're coffee addicts.
4. Outdoor Swing Chair - Who wouldn't want one?
5. iMac. Maybe I should keep dreaming on this one...
6. Dishwasher - I've always wanted one before having kids. And I do hate doing the pots...
7. Lighting! We didn't have enough of this in our first home - I really like these at the mo.
8. House-Plants - again, we definitely need more!
9. Pet Beds - This one's for when Doug grows up a little and stops destroying them all! Argh
10. New plates, bowls, etc. We only have 3 of each currently, which has been such a nuisance for way too long! Deffo investing in LOTS more.